Accountability reports support the University’s commitment to an effective and transparent quality assurance process. Required reports are submitted annually to U of T governance bodies, the Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance (Quality Council) and the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD).
These reports provide opportunities for collegial discussion, support the implementation of new academic initiatives and convey the outcomes, nature and scope of activities to internal and external communities.
Reports Prepared by the VPAP Office
- Academic change activity including an annual summary of:
- new programs (including new degree, diploma, and certificate programs)
- major modifications (including new collaborative specializations and combined degree programs)
- minor modifications
- program closures
- administrative suspension of admissions of programs.
- Review activity in the form of final assessment reports and implementation plans (FAR/IPs) that summarize external review findings and describe how review recommendations will be acted on.
- Academic unit change activity including an annual summary of:
- new academic units, including new extra-departmental units (EDUs)
- unit name changes
- restructured and disestablished units.
These reports represent only a small subset of all U of T accountability reports. See a complete list on U of T’s Reports and Accountability page.